Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gaza

It may sound trite and light and so obvious a thing to say but I want anyone reading this to know how my heart hurts for all those poor Palestinian people in the face of such terrible explosive metal we have provided to kill them with. This morning I heard on the news that there have been over 690 dead in the past ten days -- not counting the 40 or so children of that UN-run school in the north of the city.

Words fail me. When I hear things like this I just feel a heavy hurt inside because I have heard similar things all my adult life and I know nothing will change and no one will do anything about it because no one can. Might is right in this world and the wickedness of the devil's children (John 8:44) just seems to be unstoppable. We are sheep who can only take refuge in the ultimate retribution of final justice that we must believe in to remain sane.


No comments:

Post a Comment