Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Health issues

Can't think of a better title right now, sorry. I really must make an effort, though.

I went to the hospital in Le Mans this morning with Nat. She had to have her regular blood test done and I was doing the unthinkable (for me): going to an appointment with a surgeon that I had convened myself. We got out just before noon so went to a Turkish place for a simple lunch before coming home.

My problem is an inguinal hernia that I got fixed at its first apparition nearly ten years ago. It has come back with increasing regularity and severity such that we have considered that the only sensible option is to get it "looked at" again. The doctor who saw me this morning agrees, so our time together didn't take very long -- mostly a questioning of aligning our calendars.

I have to have a complete blood exam next week before taking it to the anesthetist to see who will OK me for the operation -- almost certainly to be done under general anesthetic.

I then book my room and be sure to show up the following week, the third of February, for an "intervention" the following day.

I deliberately keep posts like this short but I know several of you who would insist that I include them to keep you all in the know. Please pray for all of us, and for me. I am finding it difficult lately. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed this post! We're praying for a speedy and full recovery, Dek! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that all went well and you are now home. I been there done that so I know how you feel. I had a double hernia a long time ago in 1985 and then went back the following year and had it fixed again. Ya for sure don't lift anything heaver than a cup of tea,a glass of wine and a fork. That's all you need to do for a while. Oh and don't overload the fork. ha ha.
    Love you guys
    Floyd

    ReplyDelete