Saturday, February 28, 2009

379 lurkers

My map at the bottom of this page tells me that 379 different people have connected to this site -- I can't imagine how or why. They must have stumbled on it by accident, save for maybe nine people, which gives me 370 lurkers -- that sounds about right.

Anyway a big hello to all of you today, as we reach the end of February. Our news? I am feeling better every day but am still recuperating in the studio. Raph and Jonathan are leaving first thing tomorrow morning for Tours where they get the train for London. I burned them two CDs of David's testimony to listen to next week. That way we'll be able to stay on the same wave-length together.

Arum came over this morning and we discussed getting rid of the thuyia hedge at the back and sides of the garden. He's going to give me a quote on it. I also asked him to send someone over one day soon to prune the inner hedge. All this will give us a lot more light back there.

We have now vacated the bookshop. This morning Raph, Camille, and Debbie cleaned it out completely, washing down the windows and all. Six years to the month, we were there. The boys got all the boxes of books out of there during the week and took them to the bar end of the hotel. Raph also took down the 'Bibles' sign from street level which we'll put up again on the hotel.

Mattis is now gone. He caught a train from Le Mans early this morning. Christopher spent the night with him at the hotel and Roo brought him over here at 6.30 this morning before driving Mattis up to the station. I think he had a real good time here, lots of music with Becky and lots of tennis with Christopher.

In only two months David Bercot will be here and we're looking forward to that and making a lot of plans. Apparently Ammi & Zack won't be able to come, which is a great pity because I feel it is going to be a real spiritual fruitful time together. Ammi asked me for the children's email addresses as her girls want to write to the younger ones here. Life is what you make is and it's over far too soon. Relationships are what really count and should be encouraged in children while we can.

We got together with Serge to send a little donation over to Eva. She's the strong, silent type but a lovely girl that we love very much. I guess I seldom wrote a lot when I was her age.

Did I tell you that I hired Rebecca? She started in the company in January at the minimum wage for a half-time job. She's splitting her hours with Nat which gives her some time off for her precious animals. (I think we're up to 6 lambs so far this spring with at least two more sheep expecting, Nat says.) So anyway, we have an arrangement that suits everyone and gives another little income to the family. That makes ten at Microtec -- enough for awhile!

I stumbled on an interesting web site yesterday and downloaded a few of their free PDF documents. It's called www.allthingsfulfilled.com and there's some very interesting things there. Like, 'UPC Prophecy Fails' which I found pretty well done.

2 comments:

  1. Have you closed the bookstore? Or are you just moving it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just moving it. We've been at the same location for six years now on a commercial (called "3-6-9") lease so if we keep it now we're committed to another three years and that's a lot of money just for rent.

    Anyway, we're setting it up in a better location at the end of the hotel so closer to home and easier to service.

    You'll see when you're here.

    ReplyDelete