Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Until Then

That last song was for Floyd. It's an old tear-jerker I've had around here for absolutely years and I never get tired of. Sometimes sad songs seem to strike a chord and capture your deepest feelings. Anyway, there it is.

Nevertheless, I got completely side-tracked because I had every intention of giving you that old Stuart Hamblen song I was talking about yesterday. Better late than never. You remember I was saying about how it came to me last night, very late, and I really didn't want to get out of bed to jot it down but I didn't want to forget it by this morning either. I made myself a mnemonic: Three words (I was thinking "But Until Then") and the first letter of each word spells the first word. Crazy, but it worked!

Here's the song for your enjoyment.

Until Then

My heart can sing when I pause to remember
A heartache here is but a stepping stone
Along a trail that's winding always upward,
This troubled world is not my final home.

But until then my heart will go on singing,
Until then with joy I'll carry on,
Until the day my eyes behold the city,
Until the day God calls me home.


The things of earth will dim and lose their value
If we recall they're borrowed for awhile
And things of earth that cause the heart to tremble,
Remembered there will only bring a smile.

But until then my heart will go on singing,
Until then with joy I'll carry on,
Until the day my eyes behold the city,
Until the day God calls me home.


This weary world with all its toil and struggle
May take its toll of misery and strife
The soul of man is like a waiting falcon
When it's released, it's destined for the skies.

But until then my heart will go on singing,
Until then with joy I'll carry on,
Until the day my eyes behold the city,
Until the day God calls me home.




1 comment:

  1. Awww...I LOVE the old hymns! Thanks for posting this one - now I will have to go and listen to it. I can "hear" Dad singing this one...

    By the way, I always enjoy the comment moderation "words" that your computer comes up with - ha ha! (small things for small minds). Last time it was "wildeflib" and now it is "fanapli". Speaking of Dad, I bet he would find a way to make those into real words and use them in a sentence!

    ReplyDelete