Monday, May 11, 2009

Up in a montgolfière

This morning started with our usual Bible class (we've studying through the Book of Acts with Don Preston) and I'd no sooner closed my Bible than there was a knock at the door — precisely at 7 am, as planned.

It was Philippe from ATH with his 4-wheel drive pulling the trailer with the great, yellow, hot-air balloon. It was a treat we'd planned for our guests the night before but the weather had called it off until this morning. Since there was room for four passengers in the basket, we asked dear little Hannah, from Ireland, if she wanted to go along with the Bercot family and she was delighted, as you can imagine!

It took about 45 minutes to deploy the balloon and get it inflated, everyone climbed into the basket, and they gently lifted off!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! It's been something I've always wanted to do but the thought of it terrifies me at the same time. I'm not sure I could do it.

    I've missed a lot of posts here - we were at Mandy and Jorge's for a week and you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete