Monday, December 21, 2009

The cruise

I suppose everybody finally gets to do something he never dreamed he ever would — in my case, I never even gave it a thought. But if I had, money is always far more needed on other projects.

However, recently I have been really feeling that Sarah and I ought to get away for a break, be alone, get some sun, just relax. We've done Italy fairly well, though we'd return in an instant if we could. I've felt attracted to explore Greece and feel a pull in that direction but how to go? We are both thoroughly indifferent to air travel and the last flight I took was in 2002 and I told myself it'd be my last.

Well, while browsing a couple of favourite sites I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw a 12-day cruise to from Nice, through Savona (Italy), to Katalono, (Greece), Pireas, (Greece), Ashdod (Israel), Port Said (Egypt), Alexandria (Egypt), Civilavecchia (Italy), back to Savona and finally ending up back in Nice. Right now this cruise is on "fill-it-up" promotion at under five hundred Euros!

I don't know how that strikes you but you couldn't even get a hotel room for twelve nights for that price, and this is full board. I am so thankful — I really feel we need it. This is what it looks like over at Google maps:





3 comments:

  1. Soooo...did you book it? Are you going? When??

    I've always wanted to go on a Mediterranean Cruise - it appeals to me so much more than an Alaskan or even a Mexican one.

    Want some company? Oh, no, sorry, forgot the "be alone" part...ha ha.

    Well, I'm definitely thrilled for you and can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys. It sounds like you should have lots of fun.
    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm..I confess I thought the same thing as my Mum did when I read this! "when are you going?" LOL! (yes, like mother like daughter!)

    Mum and I have both always wanted to go on a cruise and I think cruising the Mediterranean would be so awesome!! You will have to let us know how it is! Take lots of pictures!!

    Hope to hear more about this in future blogs...LOL! You two deserve it!

    Love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete