Friday, March 18, 2011

Let's have another war

Am I the only one today who feels devastated by the news coming out of the UN Security Council?  I feel this feeling deep inside me as I listen to the news: finally, they're going to get him!

I've seen this coming as everyone has been gearing up for a strike at Gaddafi for weeks now.  Everyone sounds so belligerent.  The US has tried before and I'm sure there are so many that want another war with somebody.

What does anybody want with Libya anyway?  Their oil?  Why don't they leave them alone?  All the news reporters talk about the "dictator" and the "Gaddafi régime" and praise the rebels—why?  What is in it for them?

France and Great Britain, apparently, and the US are the instigators this time.  I simply cannot believe how many people want to kill, want to fight, just love the rhetoric and all the jargon.  God help us all!  God help the peacemakers, wherever they are.

What hypocrites!  How evil it all is!  Some things you just can't get used to and war has got to be one of those things.  Since 911 the world has had nothing but war, war, war.  Kill the poor, that'll teach 'em!

I just hate it.  But there's no point pretending that this world is run by people who have our best interests at heart.  Stay away from it.  Flee all appearance of evil.  Love not the world.

At times like this everything inside me cries out for justice; for the right thing to be done.  Sometimes it is, but so, so seldom.  May God have mercy!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am smart enough not to challenge you in the political arena as you have investigated it a lot more than I have...

    Just a couple of comments though:

    1) I would not say the wars started with 911. I do not believe there has been a period of history where there have not been wars - especially in the last 100-200 years.

    2) How do you stand by as a deranged dictator slaughters his people? If I had the power to help them, I would.

    "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it." - Prov. 3:27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, watch this eight-minute video interview that presents a very balanced presentation of the same thing I said above.

    It is just too much and cannot be supported or justified by a Christian.

    http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/1061.html

    ReplyDelete