Saturday, December 10, 2011

Edith Finn

I just sent out this email to family members most concerned.  This is to share our news with all of you.



Dear family and friends,

This is the email you've been half-dreading and I don't know how to say it myself.  All is well.

Edith Jeanne Crangle Finn is no more of this life.  Born the 27th of April 1922 she went to sleep for the last time at 10:30 this morning the 10th of December 2011.

We could not keep her a moment longer.  We did all we could and she departed in peace surrounded by her family.  We'll talk in more detail later and can reminisce at length.

Today is a day of reflection and sadness to see her go.  We will really miss her.  But there is no question but that she is at last at ease and at peace such as she has not experienced for a long time.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Philippians 4:8

Much love,

Derrick & Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Aw...I know she will be deeply missed by your whole family as she has been a part of you for so long. It was good of you to look after her for all the years you did when she needed you most. I didn't realize she was born the same year as Mum and Dad. We'll be remembering you in prayer as you deal with her absence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks very peaceful now.
    For some reason the main thing that I remember when I think of her lately is her hearty sense of humour. I can just see her laughing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Derrick...how often I must learn not to comment when I am tired and working a nightshift. My wording of the final sentence seems harsh to me in the light of day and I do ask your forgiveness. You will all miss her so much and I'm sure there will be hard days, especially for Sara. Please know that we will be lifting you up in prayer over the difficult days to come and pray that the Lord will send His Spirit of comfort when you need Him the most. Hugs and much love from us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice words, Wendy, but I reread the above but it doesn't seem harsh to me. I'm sure you were tired.

    Grandma was a big part of our life for the past six years or so and she leaves a big hole, that's for sure.

    She is at peace, God bless her memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please accept my condolences.

    What a terrible thing it is to lose a loved one; how terrible this separation called death is.

    ReplyDelete