Monday, April 09, 2012

Sixty-three


A book I have skimmed often but never truly read was inherited from my father, Josephus, The Complete Works which is a 1971 reprint of the 1960 Kregel edition.

A month or so ago I determined to read the oldest work: The Wars of the Jews with the help of the good reading on an audio book.  For twenty hours I've progressed and enjoyed the book.

This morning I concluded the last page of  the only volume I'm planning to read at the moment.  Becky came in to take my "birthday picture" and caught me in the act.

A very good read; and better late than never.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Derrick. Your looking pretty good for 63.
    Guess I should be doing some reading seems I'm getting to old to do much else but still keep trying. ha ha.
    I hear that you are not to fond of flying anymore. I feel the same way but guess I had better start saving up for a flight to France eh? (Before you drink up all the good wine). Don't like to fly but it is a whole lot quicker than walking eh?

    Love you guys.
    Floyd

    ReplyDelete