Friday, October 19, 2012

Mystery couple

OK boys and girls, everyone loves a good mystery and this blog is no exception!

Today I have a picture for you.  It is a black & white print, which may suggest a certain age to the document.

It shows signs of being very scratched up and faded.

It represents a young couple sitting outside; she is looking up into his eyes as she sits in front of him.

Everyone here was questioned as to the subjects of this photo and the origin because wait until I tell you where it was found (by Rebecca, I might add!)  She came in at noon carrying this photo that she'd found in the glove-box of our family car, a Citroën C3!

I am accepting intelligent guesses (because no one here has a clue!) as to:

-- Who is this couple?

-- Where and/or when was the picture taken?

-- How did it get in our car?


6 comments:

  1. I vote it is some English-speaking relative who sent it to us along with some family news (such as a betrothal or something ?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you
    by error, while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something
    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like
    to say kudos for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.
    My web site - read this post here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have some spam on here...LOL. Well, here's the funny thing about this photo. I have no idea where it came from nor how it got into your car. As you say, it is so scratched, the male figure can hardly be seen. However, my first reaction, when I saw it, was that the girl reminded me of Cassandra, Cynthia's eldest and, once that was formed in my mind, the male figure (what I can see of him) looks strikingly like Mario, her husband! Ha ha... I'm sure it's not them but I certainly was struck by the resemblance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not going to believe this! I was right! Crazy, but after I commented about how the couple reminded me of Cassie and Mario, I went on FaceBook to look at their photos and there it was...the original. Taken in 2008 in Brazil. Now, how a black-and-white copy turned up in your glove compartment - well, that's a mystery YOU are going to have to solve. At least I identified the couple for you ;-) P.S. I'll email you a copy of the original so you can see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, Wendy, when you should play the lottery today (local expression)!

    I've got to see the original -- just to check, you understand. :-) At least that would sort of make sense but, as you say, why black and white and why hidden in the bottom of the glove-box ...

    Thanks for your help! You get 5 points for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! How on EARTH did a B&W photo of Cassy and Mario get in your car??? Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete