Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How good to be home!

Sarah and I went up to Paris for a few days to meet with her sister Barbara who stopped by there on her way home from Italy.  You can probably guess what a good time we had, and very relaxing as we left most all of our important things to do at home!

We had three days together and wanted to do something a bit different than what we'd done before.  I think the highlight was walking the length of the Champs-Elysée from Concord to Etoile and then climbing the Arc de Triomphe.  Can't remember but I think it was 280+ stairs up that corkscrew shaft!  Yes, I counted the stairs going up.  I thought it would never end.

But what a view from the top!  Stunning, really!  Here, don't take my word for it:


The trip was memorable mostly though for the people we met and the discussions we had with them. We're not really good sight-seers.  We met a very nice Lebanese man in his restaurant just near where we were staying. I'd like to go back there for lunch just for his sake!


During the course of our stay we found no less than TWO identity cards!  One, just after we'd crossed the old Pont Alexandre III was tucked inside a thick black wallet which was garnished with odds and ends of personal papers as well as the owner's driver's licence.  Quite a loss, I would say.  I kept it for a day or two wanting to track the man myself but in the end I had no luck and simply did like everyone else would do; brought it to the local police station!

I saw the second National Identity Card being dropped on a cross-walk but when I called out and chased after the fellow he said it wasn't his and didn't know what I was referring to.  I could of sworn I saw him drop it!  But as I don't swear I'm hoping you'll understand the meaning.

So I handed it over to the boys in blue as well.

Finally, just for fun, here's a picture of the person I call my good girl.  Now she has proof!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I remember well doing Paris with you and Sarah many years ago.

    ReplyDelete